Position: Administrative Assistant – Full-time, Hourly, Non-exempt (35 hours per week)
Reports To: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistants handles routine and advanced duties for United Way of Payne County. The Administrative Assistant organizes files, creates correspondence, prepares reports and documents, manages calendars, processing mail, prepares invoices, manages monthly accounting, and offers general staff and board member support. Serves as an initial point of contact, answering phones and greeting visitors. Assists with event planning and meeting setup and implementation.
High school diploma/GED required, 2+ years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred. Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs, and Windows operating system. Experience with or knowledge of area non-profits is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Collaborate with support personnel, management, the Board of Directors, and customers/donors on a regular basis.
• Make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
• Prioritize work assignments and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to keep yourself and others organized.
• Demonstrate awareness of need to control expenses by efficiently utilizing supplies and equipment.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills with proficiency in spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask tasks from multiple administrators.
• Commitment to United Way of Payne County goals and mission.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director of United Way of Payne County.
• Answer phones and greet visitors
• Maintain calendars
• Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
• Collect and process mail
• Prepare communications such as emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
• Write and edit documents such as letters, reports, and billing reminders
• Maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
• Scan, file and log accounting documents
• Perform data entry for all pledges and donations received in a timely manner
• Manage accounts and perform bookkeeping
• Prepare and fact-check invoices before sending them to customers
• Prepare, fulfill and distribute checks/payments
• Process bank deposits daily
• Prepare monthly bank drafts monthly
Benefits and Compensation:
Health Insurance after 30 day probationary period. Vacation and Sick Leave after 90 day probationary period. Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
The employee will work in an office environment. Travel as required; may occasionally travel to sites that are not wheelchair accessible. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, such as keyboarding and writing. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memos, letters, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. Must be able to speak and communicate clearly.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the variety of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
United Way of Payne County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and completed application to Ruth Cavins at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to P.O. Box 308, Stillwater, OK 74076 by April 30, 2020.
Position: Fall Intern
United Way of Payne County is seeking a "Donor Communications and Stewardship" Intern for the Fall semester.
OSU students can login to see the posting at https://okstate.12twenty.com/jobPostings#/jobPostings/31999904134230?use...
Please help us recruit exceptional candidates for this internship. The full position description is attached.
TO APPLY: Applicants can send their resume to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 04/24/2020