Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I give to United Way of Payne County?

Giving to the United Way of Payne County is the easiest and most efficient way to make one donation that helps the entire community. Your gift will benefit dozens of programs that help children who are victims of abuse, ensure that the hungry can get a hot meal, provide medical services to people who can’t afford them and increase the independence of adults living with disabilities. With one donation, you can help all these people and more.

How does United Way use my donation?

United Way of Payne County funds 22 local nonprofits that United Way calls partner agencies. These partner agencies support our local residents and meet 1 out 3 resident's needs annually. View our partner agencies here.

Can I designate my donation?

Yes! We allow designations to support programs of any of our current funded partners. You can find those partners on the partner agency page.

Who decides how my donation is spent?

Volunteers serving on the United Way's Community Investment Committee decide how to distribute dollars to nonprofits requesting funding. The committee then make recommendations to the Board of Directors, who have final approval on all funding.

Are donations to the United Way tax deductible?

Yes. United Way of Payne County is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

What is the (State Charitable Camapaign) SCC designation code for United Way of Payne County?


If I donate through my employer outside of Payne County, how do I make sure my gift is used here?

We understand and appreciate to desire to give where you live. All you have to do is use the designation code 7800 to ensure your donation is forwarded to your community. If your employer matches contributions, make sure to ask them to send all of your donation to United Way of Payne County.


Still have questions? Contact us at 405-377-2161 or at